At Fumakilla Malaysia Berhad, we respect your privacy and are committed to the protection of your personal data. This Notice is intended to outline how we keep secure your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) and ensure that your rights as our valued customers are protected.
In this policy, “Fumakilla,” “we,” “us,” or “our” refer to Fumakilla Malaysia Berhad.
We have provided this Notice as an explanation of the information we collect, how we use it, how the use of this information can benefit your experience on our websites and during your relationship with us, with whom and for what purposes we may share information and the choices you can make about our use of your information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of your information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
We wish to help you make informed decisions, so please take a moment to read the sections below.
Personal data means any information that relates directly or indirectly to you from which you are identified or identifiable, including but not limited to :-
- Name, identification number, passport number;
- Age, gender, date of birth;
- Race, ethnic, nationality;
- Telephone number, postal address, email address;
- Financial and banking details, credit/debit card details;
- Marital status, details of spouse and children, family details;
- Job title, work history, income, past employment;
- Any other information and data that is deemed necessary
The personal data that we request from you is obligatory unless stated or indicated otherwise and if you fail to supply us with the obligatory information, we may be unable to provide you with the requested product or service in relation to the nature of our business.
PURPOSES OF DATA COLLECTION
Your personal data may be collected, processed and/or used for the following purposes:
- For Consumers or Customers, these include but are not limited to providing latest information of our products and services, keeping you informed of events, contests, promotions and other marketing related information, managing business transactions and services, responding to queries, applications, providing after-sales services, complaints and feedback from you;
- For Distributors and Vendors, our purposes encompass facilitating commercial transactions, providing support for our products and services, processing payments, sharing information on new offerings and fulfilling legal obligations;
- For Employees or Potential Employees, we process your personal data to fulfil employment and contractual obligations, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to process payments related to salary, tax, loans and statutory deductions and carry out recruitment and verification procedures; and
- for any other purpose that may be required to further enhance Fumakilla’s services.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, PROCESSING AND SECURITY
Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties such as:
- Fumakilla’s appointed Distributors, Vendors, Suppliers, Agents, Service Providers, Strategic Partners;
- Fumakilla’s internal use;
- Fumakilla Group of Companies located overseas, its affiliates and/or any subsidiaries;
- Auditors, consultants, lawyers;
- Third Parties authorized by you;
- Regulatory and government agencies as required by law; and
- Any other person which you have consented us to release your personal data to.
In most cases, the information you provide to us and/or third parties is added to a local or global database. In the course of processing your information, it may be necessary to transfer your information to the abovementioned third parties. Unless otherwise precluded or governed by legal requirements and/or process, those whom we send your information to are required to abide by substantially similar privacy requirements relating to your information as required by the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act. As a general practice, Fumakilla Malaysia Berhad does not sell, rent or giveaway physical possession of your information to unaffiliated persons or entities, including third parties which are not directly or indirectly known to us. Situations in which your information may be disclosed are as follows:-
- when we have received your consent to do so;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to register products purchased and/or for services;
- when companies or services providers that perform business activities on behalf of Fumakilla Malaysia Berhad require such information (e.g., credit card processing, customer support services, market research administration, insurance purposes, transportation, recalls or database management services);
- when a party requires such information necessary to facilitate the delivery, handling and/or processing the products purchased and/or for services to meet contractual obligations; and
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable laws
If your information is required for sharing as mentioned above, we shall limit the scope of information that is furnished to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. Unless otherwise exempted by legal process, we require all third parties to protect your information and to abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Fumakilla Malaysia Berhad is committed to protecting your personal information. You may request access to your personal data and correction of any personal data that is not or no longer accurate. For any inquiries in respect of your personal data or if you would like to obtain further information on how to update, amend and/or limit the processing of your personal data please contact:
DEPARTMENT: Sales Support
PERSON: Caron Ooi
TOLL FREE NUMBER: 1-800-88-3777
LOCATION-ENABLED PRODUCTS OR APPLICATIONS
Some of our products or applications may transmit location information but we use this data solely for providing the requested services.
Cookies are pieces of data stored directly on your computer by websites that you visit. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Services, pages visited, referring websites, and other traffic data. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most internet browsers provide you with the option to reject all cookies, accept all cookies, erase cookies stored on your computer or be notified before a cookie is stored on your computer. However, if you reject or erase the cookies referred to above some of our website features or services will not function properly or may not be fully available. Please refer to your internet browser instructions if you want to find out more about rejecting or erasing cookies.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We shall retain your personal data for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected, to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services, and comply with legal requirements.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. Your personal data shall be disposed in an appropriate manner when it is no longer necessary for Fumakilla to use, process and/or store the information.
SECURITY AND PROTECTION
We make all reasonable efforts to secure our systems to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data. We shall maintain and process your personal data in a secure manner and prevent any unauthorized access to such personal data. We are committed to protect your personal data by implementation of appropriate administrative and security whenever applicable.
THIRD PARTIES’ SERVICES
SOURCE OF INFORMATION
We and our service providers collect personal data directly or indirectly from you or from other sources such as websites, agencies and/or from online platforms. Information can be obtained when you:
- Contact or communicate with us in writing, through email, or telephone calls
- Visit our offices or website
- Respond to marketing materials or surveys
- Lodge complaints or provide feedback
- Participate in our programs or activities
- Seek information through inquiries
We may receive your personal data from other sources, for example:
- Publicly available databases and sources
- Data companies
- Joint marketing partners
- Data available through public channels allowed by law, such as user generated content, blogs, postings, etc.
As part of our commitment to keep you informed, we may mail, e-mail, telephone or contact you by other means to notify you of new products and services, special offers, events or other relevant information that may be of interest to you. You may also receive mailings or other communications from carefully selected third parties. We offer you the option to decline any or all of these communications by following the directions included in our e-mails or other communications, or by contacting us directly.
In some cases, your permission will be implied from the nature of the products purchased, services requested and/or transaction undertaken. In that situation, your permission will be deemed given to us which is necessary to fulfil transactions and services that is required.
In certain circumstances, should we require your information which is sensitive in nature (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or health conditions) we shall seek your expressed permission before doing so.
ACCESS TO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
To ensure that your information provided to us is accurate and up-to-date, we encourage you to regularly review and update your information as appropriate (e.g. in the event your home or e-mail address changes or you wish to add an additional method for us to communicate with you).
If, upon review, you wish to update your information, we will endeavour to do so in a timely manner. However, information that you request to be removed will be retained in our files for a period of time so as to ensure proper resolution of disputes, to troubleshoot problems or required to be maintained for lawful purposes. In addition, some types of information may be stored by us through our agents or for our principals.
You have the right to request access to your personal data, and in certain circumstances, rectification, amendment and/or erasure of your personal data. In addition, depending on your jurisdiction, you may also have the right of restriction of processing concerning your personal data or the right to object to processing as well as to data portability.
To invoke any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com. Please keep in mind that we may ask for additional information to verify your identity and your geographical location when processing your request as well as information about how you have previously interacted or engaged with Fumakilla.
If you have given your consent to a certain purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please bear in mind that withdrawals will not have retrospective effect and may affect whatever services we were providing you with, including any present and future services.
Fumakilla Malaysia Berhad reserves the rights to amend and alter any portion of this Personal Data Protection Notice and Policy and shall inform you of any changes through its webpage.
Last Updated: November 1, 2023
Thank you for your attention to our Personal Data Protection Notice and Policy.